Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Nails...

Hi everyone!Hope you all doing well!!

Today's post i wanted to dedicate to nails!I was actually trying to think if I were more obsessed with nail products or the ones for hair...mmm tough question!
A couple of years ago I was lucky to try gel nail polish that promised to stay perfect for 2-3 weeks. The first time I went to the beauty salon to get it done and.. my life has changed!! I liked it so much that after contemplating a bit I decided that I don't really want to spend £50 every time I do my nails, so I decided to invest instead and bought the UV lamp and all the gels that I needed to get started. As I was quite inexperienced in that area I thought that £90 for the UV lamp was quite cheap, but later I realised that you can get them for as little as £15, but anyway buying the gel started kit was the best investment ever, as I can do my nails any time at home. Over these two years I've tried so many brands that make gel nail polishes: anything from Harmony, Jessica GELeration, ORLY gelFX, OPI and Shellac. I noticed that a lot depends not on the brand but on the colour of the gel, some are very easy to apply, but some can be very tricky. I buy all my gels from www.beverlybeaute.com, that's an American website and the prices for gels are lower here then on other websites. They have a great selection and it normally takes one week to get your gels delivered, so I find it very convenient. BeverlyBeauty recently introduced Artistic Gloss Colour gels, so I tried it and the first thought that I had was "I need to throw all the gels that I had before and only use Artistic from now on". They are so easy to apply, they cure under UV lamp well and fast, they don't bubble and curl- one word "AMAZING". I would really recommend them if you decide to start doing your gel manicure at home. Many girls asked me before if my nails became weak and flaky since I started using gel polishes, but I should say that as long as you are not being lazy and remove it the way you should using the foil wraps it doesn't damage your nails. Just before Christmas Harmony brought out the VitaGel Recovery which is the gel base coat that strengthens the nails while you wear your gel colour. And it really works, I noticed what a great difference it made to my nails, they are very hard and in the best condition ever.

Today I did my nails using one of the new Artistic Colour Gloss gels in Uptown.


Here on the picture from left to right I've got Harmony VitaGel Recovery, that I use as a base coat; Artistic Colour Gloss in Uptown, which is a very nice dusty pink, and the Shellac top coat, which is very nice, but I'd like to try one of the Artistic top coats when I'm done with this bottle. I find that different brands usually mix quite well, so you don't need to worry if your base coat and colour are from different brands.

Have you ever tried gel manicure?What did you think?Would you do it again?

See you next time,
K

1 comment:

  1. nice products and the colour is very nice *_* your blog looks very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete